Monday, October 19, 2009

Felt Mooncake

Having finally completed the fortune cookies for my friend, I thought I'd have a go at the Moon Cake as well before posting the whole package to her. Unfortunately I missed the Moon Cake Festival (or "Mid Autumn" Festival as it is officially called I suppose ...) by a week or so but she still seemed pleased!
It was quite nice to find out that embroidery is not as hard as I thought, you just gotta know what a 'back stitch' is!

I also supplemented the package with a full set of the 3 Totoro sizes (hmmm, it appears I didn't take photos of Chibi-Totoro ... but I have plans to make the set again for my own pleasure!). However, I was a little ashamed of my O-Totoro disaster, therefore I fashioned a most ingenious fashion accessory. Muy bonito!!! Much improved yes? (Sorry Totoro!!!)

1 comments:

Katherine said...

hahah your dear friend has placed all totoros in front of the children's books and the mooncake + fortune cookies in front of the cook book section! its all complete now ah...