Monday, April 6, 2009

You Gotta Good Noodle On Ya Kid

Couple more foodie sketchies. The first is a shellfish and spaghetti dish that made me go a little cross-eyed while drawing so I went for a simpler strawberry cake for the next one.

Ink and Photoshop.

Sadly I can no longer eat shellfish (prawns, lobsters, crabs) due to an adult onset allergy that is severe enough to have landed me in hospital for an overnight stay once. If I had known this was going to occur earlier in my life, I would have eaten way more crab noodle hotpot at all those Chinese banquets when I was a kid. Strangely, my body still accepts scallops, mussels and oysters as friends and not enemies so I take a small comfort in that ;)

2 comments:

caseytoussaint said...

Your drawings are really good! Sorry about the shellfish allergy - at least you can still have some seafood.

Jo Fong said...

Thanks! To be honest I don't miss it all that much, I've manages to divert most of my seafood obsession to sushi :)