Thursday, April 9, 2009

Messy People Exercises

There was something I craved about the soft urgency of charcoal so I started defacing decorating an old play book that I had bought for no reason other than it was $2. Usually I hold a high reverence for books and the mention of book burning makes my hair stand on end. But then I remember Dan Brown and that not all books are created equal.
It still did hurt a little as this book had a name at the front dated 1949. And so I begin to destroy it's almost 60 year existence ...

I quite like the how dress turned out in the third drawing.

Charcoal and pastel.

It's times like this I really wish I wasn't renting so I wouldn't have to be so paranoid about charcoal powder all over the carpet ...

1 comments:

messyfish said...

ooohh ahhhh these are excellent. most definately worth defacing a book over