Saturday, November 22, 2008

EDM (Day 95) #10 & #11

Not too much to say except that I skipped #9 for now as 'organised chaos' intimidates me and my apartment is strangely neat and clean right now.

These were fast (10-15 minutes each), I just really wanted to get some 'real' sketching done. Once the next two CRAZY weeks are over (2 deadlines!) I want to start sketching outdoors despite being equal parts afraid and annoyed with the idea of people bothering me while I am drawing.
Also, I love my watercolour pencils. So mess free! (that's if you discount the errant purple dot underneath the glasses)

EDM#10 - Hands
Juan was watching "I, Robot" quite comfortably on the couch so I thought I would draw his pretty hands all folded together. But NO! A few seconds after I started the drawing he started playing with his Nintendo DS (that he won at the Out of Controller exhibition :D). So rather than tearing my hair out I kept drawing. Which explains the weird fingers coming out of the DS screen.

EDM#11 - Eye glasses
I've had glasses for a bit over a year now. Karma totally strikes back cos I used to make fun of my dad when he ate a bowl of noodles and they steamed up and he'd be pretty blind. I thought it was hilarious at the time. Now ... not so much ... they also fog up when I open the oven door without turning the fan off first.
Other than that, I really like them. I actually think I look rather strange without them now although they sort of take over if I try and wear eye makeup (which is very rarely anyway).
And of course, they are purple.

Bic biro (fine) and Derwent Watercolour pencils.

1 comments:

Nature and Me said...

Superb work on the glass sketch.