Sunday, September 14, 2008

EDM (Day 26) - #5 & #6

(Click images to enlarge)

6 challenges in 26 days? Oops :P

EDM #5 - My Bed
Going for a looser drawing. Put this off for ages because fabric folds intimidate me (and drawing a made bed would just be too easy! Not to mention extremely staged since we make our bed about once a month ...). Scaling and angles went a bit crazy the further the sheets were from me (yes, I was lying in bed! Any excuse really!). My excuse is that I'm not supposed to wear my glasses for close things (reading, computer work) but I can't see far away enough to draw from life! Yes ...


EDM# 6 - Well-loved object
Took me a while to think of what to draw as I don't have any childhood things lying around this rental apartment. Finally I decided on the oven mitt which has been one of the most useful purchases I've made for this household! So far I think this is my favourite EDM Challenge sketch, I quite like how the shading turned out. Ah Progess, nice to meet you.


And a little something extra: I'm a little too precious with my blank pages, I want everything to be a masterpiece and haven't quite come to terms with the meaning of a 'SKETCHbook'. So I went for a superfast explosion of people I liked on The Sartorialist. I chose them mostly because of something in their expression. I really like his photos too :) although I am the furthest from fashion conscious a person can possibly be.

Happy drawing everyone!

1 comments:

Shirley said...

I am really enjoying your EDM challenges. And can really relate to feeling as if sketchbook pages are precious. Daily sketching helps me the most.