Friday, June 20, 2008

Life Drawing - Thursday Nights at Jiotto

Why is it that everytime we get motivated to do something productive outside the house the weather is horrible? And going by our poor run of luck with the whole zoo thing, I decided to call the place to make sure Life Drawing was still on last night but there was no answer on the landline or mobile ... but we made the small trek anyway ...

Arriving at our destination tram stop, I was mildly surprised to find that YES, life drawing was on for all at Jiotto Studio in Collingwood :D

These sessions are untutored but I felt pretty good about it. Poses were 2, 5, 10 and 20 minutes. Slow to start but I managed to get into the flow and I'm pretty happy with my 20 minute ones (except the middle one with the bobble-head and midget feet ...)
I like working small as opposed to the giant A1 I had to use in my tutored classes. But then everything is also easier when it's smaller ...
(Forgive the crappy lighting, I couldn't be bothered to scan and stitch so I took no-flash photos of my sketchbook instead ...)

The model was a tall (giggly) 30ish female.

(Click images to enlarge)
Graphite, biro and felt tip.

0 comments: