Monday, May 12, 2008

Flickr Mosaic - Purple

Heh. It was only a matter of time ...

I'm not sure where or when the Purple Obsession began but I don't remember a time it wasn't my favourite colour. It's hard not to love it yet so hard to see where the purples ends and the pinks begins.

A Purple sunrise or sunset will stop me in my tracks, but it will last only moments before the pinks and oranges take over.

Once upon a time it was the colour of nobility and Royalty. Now it is Passion and Spirituality.

In calmer moments, I tend towards the bluer, darker edges of tone, the lavevders, the mauves; in more emotional times the warmer and the redder, the violets and the amaranthine.

But never ever the magenta. That just hurts my eyes.

Purple is fun to wear and easy to match (blacks, blues, oranges, greens) and giving anything a purple hue makes it more mysterious, edgy, slightly offbeat.
Apparently if you wear Amethyst, you will facilitate your generosity and inspire creativity. If you are Feng Shui-ing your house, you should use it a meditative room.

Purple means Prince.
Eggplant.
Orchids.
Grimace.

I ♥ Purple
(Click links for full image)
1.by Rudy Neeser 2.by Limbo Poet 3.by maxivida 4.by viyh 5.by prinssessan 6.by La tartine gourmande 7.by willow_wil 8.by Brian Howell 9.by buddhasstyle 10.by bugsandfishes 11.by Sunshine Hanan 12.by -Sunny- 13.by Jesús Guzmán-Moya 14.by MaiKoh 15.by anzyAprico 16.by Andreas Reinhold 17.by BB27 18.by Stella Sphere 19.by biopot 20.by Caroline [F13] 21.by _Olia i klod 22.by amethyst_lake 23.by nyah74 24.by diegomccormick 25.by bratan 26.by K.Wright 27.by K.Wright 29. by K.Wright 28.by Michelle in Ireland 30.by Kaged Fish 31.by jefg99 32.by Manel ^ Urindar 33.by richies 34.by Toni_V 35.by Olivander 36.by daruma3

2 comments:

Tom said...

Hi Jo

Thank you so much for using one of my pictures in your mosaic. i don't think any one has done that before!

Love the blog!

Tom (aka daruma3)

anne m bray said...

yes!
here's to purple!
I just celebrated my b'day with a purple cake (ube) and ice cream...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/annembray/2557178330/

and the jacarandas are blooming here in SoCal

purrrr-ple